You already know that toenail fungus is unsightly, but did you know there are many more medical reasons to get it treated? Here they are!
- Toenail fungus almost always gets worse if not treated.
- Nails can become thickened and distorted. Once this happens your nails will never grow back normally.
- Nails can become difficult to cut.
- Nails can become painful.
- Toenail fungus can spread to other parts of your body including your hands and groin.
- Toenail fungus can spread to other members of your family. This is particularly problematic when you have vulnerable, immune-compromised people living with you. For example, nail fungus can triple a diabetic’s risk for developing limb-threatening foot ulcers.
For all these reasons, don’t put off getting nail fungus treated. Learn more about treatment here.