No matter what sport you play, your feet and ankles are the true MVPs. These complex biomechanical structures bear the weight of your body, making it possible for you to stand tall in Tree Pose; run across the football field to score a touchdown; jump to make that perfect slam dunk at a basketball game—and just about anything else you train yourself to accomplish. They even help absorb the shock from high-impact activities like step aerobics and Zumba.
When a sport-related foot or ankle injury occurs, it can leave you in pain and sitting on the sidelines. Fortunately, there's help. Regardless of whether you were hurt while running, hiking, practicing martial arts; playing a team sport like soccer or field hockey; or participating in any other kind of indoor or outdoor recreational activity, Foot and Ankle Center of Lake City's expert podiatrist, Dr. Rion Berg, can provide the treatment you need to heal properly, and get back in the game and back to the active lifestyle you enjoy.
Expert Podiatric Care for a Wide Range of Sports Injuries
Boasting a background in physical therapy and 40 years in podiatry practice, Dr. Berg's successfully treated countless athletes and active individuals for sports injuries to the feet or ankles. As a result, no matter your sport of choice, we understand the particular risks it entails, and have the necessary skills and experience to accurately assess and diagnose your condition. Here are just a few of the podiatric sports injuries we treat at our Seattle practice:
- Overuse injuries
- Ankle sprains
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Stress fractures
- Broken bones
- Foot pain
- Heel pain
- Ball of foot pain (commonly caused by Morton's neuroma or turf toe)
- Ankle instability
Conservative to Advanced Treatments for Sports-Related Foot and Ankle Injuries
Contrary to popular belief, when it comes to sports and fitness, pain does not mean gain; it's actually your body's way of alerting you to a problem. Ignoring these alerts and playing through the pain can have serious consequences, like allowing relatively minor injuries and issues to develop into complicated chronic conditions.
Seeking prompt evaluation and treatment for podiatric sports injuries is vital—and no matter what's ailing you, Foot and Ankle Center of Lake City has a solution that's right for you. We offer a broad range of options, from conservative methods to cutting-edge therapies, including:
- Patient education. In addition to helping you get back to your passion, we'll provide you with the information you need to prevent your injury or condition from reoccurring.
- Stretching and strengthening exercises. Learn how to stretch your muscles properly to prevent common foot and ankle sports injuries.
- Footwear recommendations. Some sports injuries are the result of footwear that's restrictive or lacks adequate support. We'll evaluate your feet and recommend appropriate shoes for your sport of choice.
- Foot and ankle taping. This "old school" technique can provide relief for a variety of common sports injuries.
- Custom orthotics. We offer custom orthotics for your feet and ankles. While we utilize an excellent lab for many of our orthotics, we can also make custom orthotics for patients with special needs right in our office.
- MLS Laser Therapy. This revolutionary cold laser therapy eliminates pain and reduces inflammation without side effects, or the use of painful injections or potentially habit forming drugs.
- Surgical options. While we always prioritize more conservative treatments whenever possible, in some cases, surgery may truly be the best option for resolving your sports injury.
Schedule an Appointment to Find Out How We Can Restore Your Feet and Ankles to Health
Don't suffer through another day of foot or ankle pain. Complete the contact form on this page or call Foot and Ankle Center of Lake City's Seattle office at 206-368-7000 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Berg. Patients are usually seen within a week but, in some cases, same-day or next-day appointments may be available. Let us help you get back on your feet!