You're very likely familiar with the 10 Essentials for Hiking, but how about the 11 Foot Essentials for Traveling? If you're going to spend a lot of money on a trip to Australia or some other place on your bucket list, you'll be glad you came prepared to keep your feet in shape. Here's a very complete list from the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- Flip flops—for the pool, spa, and locker rooms to prevent toenail fungus
- Sterile bandages—for covering minor cuts and scrapes
- Antibiotic cream—to treat any skin injury
- Emollient-enriched cream—to hydrate feet
- Blister pads or moleskin—to protect against blisters
- Motrin or Advil (anti-inflammatory)—to ease tired, swollen feet
- Toenail clippers—to keep toenails trimmed
- Emery board—to smooth rough edges or broken nails
- Pumice stone—to soften callused skin
- Sunscreen—advanced stage melanoma is found most often on the feet because we don't protect them from the sun or look at them very often.
- Aloe vera or Silvadene cream—to relieve sunburns
If you do experience a foot problem before or after your trip, call us today at 206-368-7000 for an appointment, often same day. You can also request an appointment online.
Get our free foot book "Happy Feet for the Rest of Your Life" , mailed directly to your home.
Seattle foot and ankle specialist, Dr. Rion Berg offers foot care for patients with bunions, heel pain, diabetes, fungal toenails, ingrown nails, and surgical solutions when needed to residents of Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Shoreline, Lake Forest Park, Mountlake Terrace, Lynnwood and other surrounding suburbs.