What is a Podiatrist?
Dr. Berg is a podiatrist, also called a doctor of podiatric medicine, who is a specialist that provides medical diagnosis and treatment of foot and ankle problems, including, but not limited to sprains and fractures, bunions, heel pain/spurs, hammertoes, neuromas, ingrown toenails, warts, corns and calluses.
Dr. Berg provides care for patients with sprains, fractures, infections, and injuries of the foot, ankle and heel. Dr. Berg, as all podiatrists in our country, attended undergraduate medical school training and graduate school for a doctorate degree in podiatry. Dr. Berg is licensed to practice podiatry in the State of Washington.
- Consults with patients and other physicians on how to prevent foot problems.
- Diagnoses and treats tumors, ulcers, fractures, skin and nail diseases, and deformities.
- Performs surgeries to correct or remedy such problems as ingrown toenails, bunions, clawtoes, fractures, hammertoes, infections, ruptured Achilles, and other ligaments and tendons.
- Prescribes therapies and performs diagnostic procedures such as ultrasound and lab tests.
- Prescribes or fits patients with inserts called orthotics that correct walking patterns.
- Treat conditions such as: bunions, cysts, heel spurs, infections, ingrown nails, and plantar fasciitis.
To make an appointment call us at 206-368-7000 or make an appointment online.