Tips For Shoe Shopping
- Try to go toward the end because of the swelling that naturally occurs.
- In order to get the Right for the Right foot for the Right activity, be sure to communicate your needs clearly to the staff.
- If you wear orthotics bring them with you, and remember to wear the kind of socks you will be wearing with the shoes you will purchase.
- Have your feet measured, but be sure to listen to the salespeople who know how each brand’s sizes tend to run. Don’t be surprised if you’re told you are wearing a shoe too short. Unfortunately as we age, our feet do get longer.
- Be kind to your feet even if you don’t like the way they look. It’s not their fault, and you may have to expand your ideas along with the shoes you buy to keep your feet happy and healthy.