Posts for tag: Seahawks fans
Are you attending the big parade today to celebrate our amazing win over the Broncos? If so it looks like you be in plenty of company with 500,000 plus people expected to line Seattle streets. At exactly 12:12 pm Seattle Seahawk fans were urged by Governor Inslee to scream at the top of their lungs. According to the Seattle Times, schools will be pretty empty with over 13,000 students absent and another 565 teachers absent, out of nearly 3,000 teacher’s total.
At the Foot and Ankle Center of Lake City we’re making our own prediction. Plenty of sore feet! If you attend you will likely need a few tips for how to handle the blisters that will spring up during your hours of standing and walking.
Most blisters don’t require treatment but if you’re in pain you can soothe those bumps by applying Vitamin E ointment or an aloe-based cream. Don’t puncture a blister unless it is large and painful; unbroken skin over the blister provides a natural barrier and reduces the chance of infection.
Draining a Blister
- Wash your hands and the blister thoroughly with soap and warm water
- Apply alcohol or iodine to the blister
- Use a needle that has been sterilized to puncture the blister
- Puncture the blister near the edge and keep the skin in place
- Apply an antibiotic ointment to the blister and cover with a bandage.
- After a few day the dead skin can be cut away using scissors sterilized in alcohol
Call the Foot and Ankle Center of Lake City if you see signs of infection including white or yellow pus when the blister is drained or redness and increasing pain around the area of the blister. Call us at 206-368-0493 or request an appointment online.